Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"I Have An Awesome Life."

This photo was on my Facebook wall yesterday from PURE Ministries and my heart just melted so I had to repost on my FB page.  I put a comment of "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world" underneath.  Why?  Because He does love all the children.  In Luke 18:16, it says, "Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." [New Living Translation]  Sadly, we live in a society that does not truly value these small lives.  From the ones willing to kill them in the womb, to the ones who beat them down physically and emotionally from the time they are small, to the ones who desire to do unspeakable things to them or sell them into slavery, we are a world that does not protect our children.  Yes, there are individuals, families, and organizations who are fighting for and trying to save our children but as a whole we (the world) are letting children down.  I see more concern, television advertising, posts, etc. about the well being of animals and pets than I do for children.  And don't starting hating, I don't advocate or think animals and pets should be treated badly either.  But when we care more about the killing of baby seals than we do of our own unborn children that is shameful.  I don't typically express some of my opinions in a public forum but this photo of this precious little girl touched me and I wanted to share my thoughts here.  Agree or disagree, that is fine.  Our children should not be disposable whether pre-born or born.  Look around you at the children in your lives, in your church, in your community, do you see a face that needs to be told they are "fearfully and wonderfully made"?  Take the time to encourage a child today.

Psalm 139:14 ~ "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well."  [New King James]




If you would like to know more about PURE Ministries, check out their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/PureMinistriesZW

"God doesn't make junk." 

                                                      ~ Tami ~

1 comment:

  1. Here is PURE Ministries web site as well:
    http://www.pure-ministries.com/

    ReplyDelete